Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Visitation To Go To Court

This house is still full of sick kiddos.  I am still getting to clean up puke. I can finally say for sure that Tyke has come out of it.  Baby seems to be nearly out of it.  Tot, Cy are the worst off.  I can't figure out if Liv is only getting a light version of the illness or if she is just getting started.  I hope she just got lucky.

Yesterday the caseworker called me and announced that she was going to come to my house in 2 hours. The house was a wreck so I wasn't thrilled with the short notice.  I rushed around fighting my own sick feelings and got the house straightened up.  In true caseworker fashion, she was an hour late.

When she arrived she got a glimpse of the boys and then announced laughingly that she'd seen them and she could go now.   Then she said, "So there's a visitation court date soon?"  It was news to me and I told her so.  I did not know things had successfully made it to that step.  Caseworker said she wasn't sure of the exact date, but it seemed like it was in a couple weeks.

We talked about visitation for a little bit.  She still maintained that she wanted a good reason why visits suddenly weren't working.  I reminded her that the boys have been protesting visits for a very long time.  It wasn't until November 14th that the aggression and screaming started, but the boys have been asking not to leave for a long time.  She said, "I guess the reason doesn't really matter.  If they are done, they are done.  It doesn't matter anyway since we are terminating."  She treated actual termination as if it were a forgone conclusion.  We will see.  I have trust issues with her as you will see.

She claimed her supervisor was angry with her for not asking for termination at the hearing.  She says she stumbled at the hearing and wasn't sure what to say.  She claims her supervisor is angry this has to go to court when she could have just stopped visits at court the last time.  She told me it was the lawyer who wanted visits to continue and that the supervisor was upset because Caseworker needs to understand who she takes her orders from.

Ok, here's the crazy part.  I called the advocate after Caseworker left and he confirmed that there is a court date in a couple weeks.  He says he also talked to Caseworker and her story to him was the opposite of the one she gave me.  She said, the lawyer wanted her to take visits and her supervisor DID NOT want her to take away visits and she had to follow orders.

During our conversation the advocate and I decided the Caseworker is definitely lying to us both.  When you tell the truth your story doesn't change.  There is only one truth.  We believe that Caseworker is the one who wanted to keep visits going for some unknown reason, but she just did not want to explain herself to us.  All along she has claimed that Tyke does not know what he is talking about and he probably just made up most of the allegations regarding bio-mom.  In spite of her ambivalence toward the boys she did behave as if visits will get stopped at court.  Since I have no idea if she is telling the truth or manipulating some angle we will just have to see how it all goes.

It is possible the supervisor could just go ahead and stop the visits now. No one has indicated she will, but I am aware that she can.  I hope she does.  I just learned court is January 16, so we are looking at another 7 - 8 visitations for these boys.  I am asking God to cut those down somehow, but I am so very grateful that I almost feel like I shouldn't push the issue too much.  I only pray that if it has to wait that long for a court day then visits are definitely going to be stopped.  I so feel like their Mommy on this issue.  One terrified visit is too much, 7 - 8 is more than I want to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment