Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, December 31, 2012

This is NOT a Post About the Joys of 2012

I am sorry I am not posting something cheerful to kick off our new year. 

The boys had to go to a visit.  I had to drop them off.  They screamed and begged me to stop the car and to turn it around.  I, of course, took them anyway.

When we got there bio-mom and bio grandma got into my vehicle to get the kids out.  I was uncomfortable with that.  It felt like a tread on what was mine.  Somehow I should not have allowed them in the vehicle.  Bio Grandma snapped at Tyke to stop screaming.  She told him he wasn't allowed to act like that.

Tyke told me after the visit that Bio G grabbed him by the arm on the way in.  He claims somehow she hit him in the mouth while they were walking.  Tyke said, "Nana say if I don't stop screaming she's gonna punch me again."  He let me know he stopped screaming.  Of course I reported the incident.  The visit supervisor also told me that another person in the office reported witnessing Grandma being threatening in her actions with Tyke.  Great!  You know what they are going to do about this?  Nothing.


Later in the day Tyke was playing with a toy and he came and jabbed it into me hard.  I stopped him and asked why he would do that.  He said, "S____ did it first!"  He was sobbing.  I was confused and trying to figure out what he meant.  He told me Mommy S jabbed him with a toy at the visit today.  He added, "YOU didn't get me!  YOU didn't keep me safe!"

I felt like crying right then and there.  He thought I could keep him safe.  I can't protect him and he is seeing that now.  They are getting better at hiding what they are doing to the boys.  The boys are just little enough and confused enough that no one has to believe what they are saying.  No one has to do anything about it because it can't be proven.  
 
I reported what was said, but what do I expect them to do?  Nothing.

I'm sorry.  I wish I was writing about the joys of the end of 2012.  That's not what's on my mind tonight...

1 comment:

  1. Don't be sorry, those of us involved in foster care completely get this. I hope 2013 brings more safety and love for the boys.

    ReplyDelete