Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Becoming Their Own Advocates

Today Tyke and Tot became their own advocates. 

The visit supervisor showed up.  I walked them out while they told me they did not want to go.  They told her they did not want to go. They both ran off and protest cried a little bit.   I waited until she had a hand on each boy.  I called out, "Goodbye!" and headed for the house.

The boys lost it.  They screamed, and cried, and fought.  I walked inside.  I spent the next few minutes praying and working out my attitude.  I walked downstairs and calmly announced I was taking some me time since I had the next 5 hours off. 

There was a knock at the door.  The visit supervisor never left the driveway.  "This visit's cancelled," she told me.  The boys never calmed down or cooperated.  When she brought them inside they were instantly calm.  Tyke even said, "Thank you."  She told me she is going to be letting the caseworker know that these visits are not good for the boys emotionally.

I know that what they did isn't considered "polite."  They used to be polite.  They were ignored.  I am proud of them for being their own advocates, but sad it has had to come to this.

1 comment:

  1. amazing! Sounds like their guardian angels are whispering to them what to do for their own good.

    ReplyDelete