Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Why Can't I Relax?

I woke up this morning with that same old feeling in my stomach.  Every Monday I wake thinking, "What hoops do we have to jump through this week?" The judge's orders are clear, but I still half expect someone to call telling me I have to prepare the boys for a visit or something like that.

I am so grateful to God for these visits being stopped.  It is such a big relief, but I think I am having trouble convincing myself I don't have to watch them scream anymore.  Maybe when I have a week or two of relief it will start to settle into my mind.

From last Thursday on I have had moments of reveling in the idea that Baby, Tot, and Tyke have a good chance of becoming our boys.  When I see one of their smiling faces I get a rush of joy at the blessing that God may be allowing me to raise these precious boys.  I keep thinking over the last year as we have a normal happy moment.  I remember fearing that we would never be able to have that kind of moment.  I can't deny there are glimpses of the joy that may await me.

I am just waiting to relax.  It's possible I won't fully relax until the last papers are filed and the boys are forever ours.  Until then I know that anything can happen.  So even though I am blessed, and thrilled, and relieved, Feb 28th, TPR, can't get here soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment