Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Travel Fallout

I have a 3 day trip coming up tomorrow.  Ryan has been gone for the last 3 days and will be getting home just before I leave.  The boys have done basically okay with his absence.  I used to always have my kids talk to Daddy on the phone when he's gone.  We are not doing that now.  The daytime routine is the same and the evenings are a little different, but they have been stable.  I don't want to remind them of what they are missing. 

Tyke asked for Daddy last night at bedtime and Baby was walking around this morning looking.  "Dada?  Dada?"  I am glad that Ryan will be back tomorrow.  However, I wonder what the fallout will be from me leaving.  I also wonder how much I should prepare them.  I don't want them to panic, and I don't want to cause unneeded worry either.

Ryan and I have very different parenting styles, but it works.  It works the best together.  He's Mister law and order and I'm proud of you in a kind of matter-of-fact way. The boys really glow when they are with him... and he does show physical affection, but maybe 1/10th of the amount I show.  I am the squishy Mama.  I'm all touchy-feely and talking about feelings, being silly, giving kisses and hugs just because, and I am less ordered. 

All that to say they will notice my absence.  They will notice it big time.  I hope this girlfriend trip is worth the fallout.  More accurately, I am hoping for NO fallout.

1 comment: