Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ignorance

I shared a waiting room with an angry Mom today.  I saw her pull her son to the side over and over again to whisper angrily in his ear. He played with Cy and Liv and occasionally... Tyke.

I saw Liv watching the woman with a concerned face.  I could not hear what the woman was saying.  As we were leaving Liv questioned why that Mom kept telling her son to stay away from Tyke.  I got a creepy all over feeling.  Her boy was allowed to play with every child on the play area except my beautiful brown Tyke.

I discussed racism with my oldest two.  I was thankful that Tyke was blissfully unaware.  Racism is at it's core ignorance.  Ignorance can be fostered to become hate. I feel sorry for that lady's son.  His instinct was to play with all of my kids and this ignorant woman did all she could to keep them separate.

Not to steal a great man's line, but I do have a dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment