Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

An Answer?

I looked up Sensory Processing Disorder late last nigh or rather very early this morning..  Both of the therapists have mentioned it.  I could check nearly every single symptom for Tot, and just about as many for Tyke.

There are different types. I am oversimplifying here, I know.  One type goes after any stimuli, Tyke fits way too many of those symptoms.  Another type recoils from stimuli and Tot fits nearly every single symptom for that category.  If I remember correctly I also read something about it being hereditary, which would make sense.

I DO NOT want to label them.  I DO NOT!  I also fall into the category of those who believe children are too easily diagnosed, but...  If going down this path gets me resources or just ideas to better give the boys what they need, then how can I not look into it?  With Tot, especially, I feel out of resources. 

I need to say this for me.  I just love these little boys.  I would never willingly let them go.  Sometimes the future IS daunting.  I wonder did God really choose me for this?  I feel so inadequate. It is humbling and frustrating and draining not to KNOW what to do in a situation.  We are making it and we have already come so much farther than what I could have imagined.  Every day God is faithful.  Every day I marvel at what he is doing in these boys, in this family, and in me.  Just had to add that.

No comments:

Post a Comment