Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Good Grouchy Days


I woke up grouchy because I stayed up too late watching television.  Actually, Baby was grouchy too and Tot seemed especially grating and loud this morning.  Oh yeah, actually we all got to bed late last night.  We were out watching Liv cheer in the Elementary Basketball game for our homeschool group's team.  We ended up staying for the Elementary, JV and Varsity games because they needed Ryan to help run the scoreboard.  That meant everyone's bedtime was over an hour late.  The kids were being maybe a little extra naughty and I was having a little less patience this morning.  They all got corrected, maybe a few more times than was necessary. They also got more loving from me because I knew I was being a tad demanding of them earlier.  Now, Baby is down for an early nap, Ryan is home from his morning errands and grouchy is fading away. 

I am looking out the window into the pasture watching the 4 oldest play while Daddy gets some work done outside.  Even with the rocky morning these are the days I love.  These glimpses of  "normal" keep me hanging on for the end of all this.

 Normal means that we can have an off morning, but its just that.  Its not trauma and drama, and visitation and loss and tragedy.  We are just a family doing the best we can.  We do some of it right and some of it wrong, but it is us, a Mom, a Dad, siblings, and family, love and acceptance.  What more can I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment