Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, January 28, 2013

The Break I Needed

I had an awesome time with my girlfriends AND I am happy to be back!

I left my home at 5:30 am to make the drive to the airport so I would arrive in time to make my 7:45am non-stop flight to Florida.  Well, that was the plan anyway.  Weather and plane malfunctions conspired to keep me from arriving until 6pm that evening!  I think you can understand when I say, it was a long day. 

That could be why when I got to the vacation house with my girlfriends I just got giddy.  Everything was so beautiful and CLEAN!  There were no toys ANYWHERE!  I couldn't stop smiling.  I looked around in amazement and proclaimed at least 3 times, "It's so obvious there are NO kids here." 

Over the course of the short weekend I went from celebrating my childless freedom to missing my babies desperately.  Ryan was sending me pictures and videos of them on the last day and I was eating it up.  I wanted to keep my vacation forever, but I wanted us all to be doing it together.

I did miss them, but it was so worth going.  I laughed with my girls, and cried, and got a sunburn (which is like a badge for us cold-staters in January).  We acted like kids instead of caring for kids, and I ate way too much.

Also, I am giving my husband the Dad-of-the-Year Award.  He kept all 5 babies.  They were safe, and happy, and loved.  He even took them all on his own to a special dinner and concert that was planned before I left (He sent me a video of Tyke and Tot bustin' a move at the concert).  He never once pouted about not getting a break.  He only showed happiness for me.  He sent me funny texts and caught up laundry (yeah, I know this one gets him the award all by itself), and organized our bedroom.

Am I lucky or what?!  What a man I have!  What a God I have!  I owe them both a huge thank you for such a sweet break and such a fantastic homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment