Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Misunderstanding

Here in foster land things don't always go according to plan.  We had a visit scheduled for Tuesday.  I got a call around 9 pm Monday rescheduling that visit until Friday. We had a visit scheduled for Thursday.  I got a call moving that visit until today... during naptime hours. 

Is that a problem?  Well, they will be cranky because of a lack of sleep and I hadn't really planned for this today.  We have church tonight and they won't be rested for that.  Can I make it work?  Well, sure, I can make it work.  I hustle and bustle to get kids ready to go.  We wait, and wait, and wait some more.  I call one time to check with no answer.  I call again.  Visit supervisor plays dumb.  No, there is no visit today?  You were referring to a change of time for Thursday's visit?

Strange.  We discussed the impact on Wednesday night church services and the inconvenience of getting them ready to go right this moment.  Misunderstanding you say?  Okay, that makes everything fine.  I will proceed with my day now.  2 hours given to prepping for visit and waiting for visit and we move on to something else.

Through this experience Tyke was able to have his faith built a little.  He prayed  "God, I don't wanna go to da bisit today, You don't make me go to da bisit today?"  Pause...   "Mom, he say, 'Okay.'" 

Guess I'm going to have to pray about tomorrow's visit.  I would love to see it stopped again.

1 comment:

  1. I think it was a direct answer to the kid's prayer! Let him pray tomorrow, too :-) Blessings,

    ReplyDelete