Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Upcoming Termination?

The caseworker came to visit on Friday afternoon.  She talked with the boys and spent some time visiting with all of us.  She talked a lot about the case, telling me things I am not supposed to know and then reminding me, "You don't know this."  I am just fine with that.  I am happy to have a sense of what is going on.  Then the big news, they can actually file for termination in September, not October.

I would love for that to happen!!!  I really want to know that no matter what happens these boys aren't ever going back to the abuse they came from.

Caseworker also told me that the first investigator that pulled the boys out said, "These boys aren't ever going home."  That is so strange to hear because this same woman did absolutely nothing to ensure that.  Oh well.

Toward the end of the visit Caseworker told me that even though they are going to file she expects B.M. to ask for a trial, because B.M. will fight even though she won't actually work her plan.   That seems strange to me.  B.M. has done very little to get the boys back.  She makes it to visits to avoid jail, but if she has to do a visit in the morning, and another thing in the afternoon, she always misses the 2nd thing, and blames the visit.  She has been claiming she is employed and unable to come to things and then she forgets herself and tells the team she quit her job.  It seems to me that if she does not like working at something other than passingly, maybe she will not ask for a trial? That's what I am going to pray for anyway.

The caseworker also mentioned that the first investigator said the boys needed to be in a pre-adoptive home.  I didn't say much.  I think Caseworker is assuming we are pre-adoptive, and we are in a way, but I don't know where my husband stands as of right now.  I don't think he knows where he stands.  He believes NOTHING that gets said, and so has been unwilling to discuss adoption very much because until someone says, "We are filing for termination", and then doesn't add "Shhh don't tell I told you that," for him there is very little to discuss.

Okay woman to woman?  Not discussing something this big is SOOOO hard for me.  I want him to pester him, badger him, bludgeon him, but I can't!  I have to give him this space and time to process this in his own way and I kinda hate it. 

I have been watching him bond with the boys.  I have been watching him be their "Daddy" in a way I haven't seen and I want to draw all kinds of conclusions, but I can't.  DANG IT!  I want to say, "I saw how you were holding and loving on Tyke today, are you starting to feel like you could be his forever Daddy?"  However, my mister is not that kind of guy.  He is strong, and funny, and wise, and private.  Even with me he shares... slowly.  If I push a topic that deep, he will avoid it, just because its a high-pressure topic.  

Well, WOE IS ME!... at least he's cute!  God has this thing all figured out and he's got that husband of mine all figured out too, so I guess I am just waiting on Him/them.

Update: My friend made it back to the United States today with her 3 Congolese former orphans beside her.  God is good!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can so relate to these shhhh moments and BM not working the plan but still fighting. Jesus bless you with strength and peace and encouragement and if you ever need to talk woman to woman I am here.

    ReplyDelete