Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Potty Training... Again.

Well, I am on to potty training Tot. 

I got Tyke potty trained over the earlier part of the summer.  Tot has used the toilet several times since his brother started going, but he says things like, "I gotta go potty," while he stands there and goes in his pants. 

The excitement of losing a box of diapers a month has worn off from Tyke's training, so I suppose I guess I am looking for a "fix."

I trained Cy (When he was 2) and Tyke in 48 hrs.  By training I mean, the boys knew what they were supposed to do, I do not mean that they never had another accident.  How do I do this magic???  We run.

Cy's story... He was telling me had to go, but not really making many connections even though we had "show and tell" with Daddy.  One day I decided it was time.  I got out the big boy underwear and I told him what I wanted him to do.  I put a container of candy on the bathroom counter and every time he peed in the potty he got a little candy.   The next step was to wait for a missed bathroom event.   He peed in the middle of the toy room floor.  I said, "OH NO!  We don't pee on the floor.  We say, I GOTTA GO POTTY! and we run to the potty.  Come on Cy let's run!"  I took his hand, "We run to the potty, we run we run!"  We ran back and forth from the spot saying the same things 5 times in a row.  I did it like 3 times that first day,  I only did it once the 2nd day, and Cy had it all figured out. 

We all knew when he had to go.  He'd start running like a mad man yelling, "I GOTTA GO PODDY, I GOTTA GO PODDY!" 

Tyke's training was similar, and he got the idea within 48 hours. 

Notice I am omitting Liv?  She was a real tough one.  I was lazy.  I didn't want to run back and forth.  I tried all the rewards and even yes... punishment.   It took us months to train her.  It was terrible.  I should have done the running thing.

So Tot and I did our first run this morning.  I love how boys don't mind running.  They just kind of smile and run along.  Cy actually laughed when we ran.  Still they figure it out.  So that's what works for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment