Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

YES!

We have visits on Wednesday usually.  I prayed asking God to stop this one if at all possible.  Yesterday was such a good day (other than those pesky tantrum moments with Tot),  as most Tuesdays are, and then visit day comes and dysregulated toddlers make life very hard on themselves and everyone else for the next 48 hours.  I can't stop these visits I can only pray.  When they happen I try to make the best of it for the boys' sake and my own.

I got the call this morning that visit was cancelled.  I let God know how thankful I was.  Then I got another call 15 minutes later rescheduling the visit 1 hour back so as to accommodate Bio-Mom's schedule.  I was soooo frustrated!  The caseworker and judge had said NOT to accommodate last minute schedule changes, but as is often the case, individual parties do what they want anyway.

I fought with myself for 10 minutes then I sent an email off to the caseworker letting her know that the visit had been rescheduled at the last minute.  Here's the good part.  She was upset!  She called the visit supervisor and said this visit was not happening.  She told her all changes must occur 24 hours out and they must go through her, not me!  Then she called me and let me know the situation.  Yes!  Yes!  Yes!

I got the chance to thank God all over again. I get some more great days with the boys without any visit residue clinging to them.

1 comment: