Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Exceedingly, Abundantly, More

When the boys first arrived I was just a means to an end and they were terrible to one another.  They either fought each other or ignored each other.  I remember pulling Tot off of Tyke's head as he attempted to rake his nails across Tyke's cheeks.  I remember them shoving food in their mouths as quickly as possible and reaching out and stealing their brothers' food as quickly as possible. 

At the time my biggest prayer was that somehow God would help me to keep them all safe.  In the first 2 months of the arrival NO ONE was safe.  God is so cool!  Ephesians 3:20 is at work in my life right now "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us," 

I watched the boys share a single bottle of water outside this past weekend.  They smiled and chatted with one another.  They had no idea I was watching them.  The bottle of water was passed sweetly back and forth, and the conversation they were sharing seemed much more important to them than the bottle of water they were passing. 

The play therapist arrived today to similar sweetness.  Yes, they argued a bit, but they played together and complimented each other and came over for snuggles with me.  I wish I could take the credit, but I can't it's all God doing exceedingly, abundantly, MORE.

This morning they sat side by side and enjoyed some freezer pops together. There was no need or desire for mortal combat, they were just two buddies enjoying some Popsicles.   This is how they do life now.  This is not the exception, this is the rule.  God is so cool!



 

2 comments:

  1. Very Very cool Many.... Praise God! Its good to savor these moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where you are Mandy but I wish we were neighbors.

    ReplyDelete