Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Helpful Development

The boys had a visit today.  I prayed and asked God if he could prevent this visit from happening.  I asked him to keep her from calling to confirm.  Unfortunately, they were picked up at the usual time and everything was a go.  I took off grocery shopping and Ryan (who is on vacation) continued his work on our plumbing issues.

Shortly after I arrived at the store I got a call from the visit supervisor.  Bio-Mom called and cancelled the visit.  She said she missed her bus (an excuse she has given before) and then proceeded to get angry that the supervisor would not change all visits to Saturdays.  Visit supervisor explained that Saturday time slots are saved for those who have jobs.  I don't know if I blogged this or not, but it turns out Bio-Mom has not been working and had quit her job some time ago.  When this came to light visits were immediately moved back to weekdays.

Today's failure to appear is very helpful to the termination case and I am thankful it happened.  Even with just the trip there and home the boys were in need of major attention.  When they have visits we get several hours of behavior that seems designed to provoke an angry response.  They act this way toward everyone in the home, not just myself.  They were upset about leaving but even more confused when they came home abruptly.  The facility is 45 minutes away  and it was all for nothing.  The behavior is not surprising, but I was pleasantly surprised that it all seemed to be worked out of them after just 1 hour.  We shall see how the rest of the day goes.  I am looking forward to a day when I do not have to put the boys through this anymore.

I wish this newest evidence could cause all further visitation to cease, but if that is not possible then I pray that Bio-Mom will be a no-show every  single  time.

No comments:

Post a Comment