Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Get Going!


One thing I am learning about parenting this tribe is I have to be okay that one way or another I am going to have to keep moving nearly constantly if I am going to do what needs doing.

Today, I got up an hour earlier and so did all 3 little boys (the boys waking early was NOT part of the plan).  With that, my crazy busy day had begun.  It took me 3 hours to fold a load of laundry, clean up the kitchen, and actually finish my breakfast.  I was doing something for someone constantly.  I never did get the dishwasher emptied, but it sat open for a ridiculously long amount of time before I just gave up on getting to it and shut door on the annoyance. 

When my helper arrived I made a list of things I needed to get done out of the house and I took off!  I stayed gone for 4 hours (I went slow on purpose!).  The great news is, I actually checked whole items off of my to-do must-do list.  That felt really nice even if I did come home to plenty of work waiting on me.

Later, I had some time to cheer my baby brother on for his accomplishments with his workout program.  Wow, I do admire him. It takes a serious time dedication to get in shape the way he has.  I didn't even get a chance to put a bra on before the Developmental therapist arrived today.  I want to workout!  No, seriously that sounds like an amazing treat.  I want to sweat like crazy and have ME be the most important thing I am focusing on for an hour.  This is the first time in my life that actually sounds good to me.  It could be a "grass is always greener thing,"  I don't think I seriously would love it, but... maybe?

Still why am I not in shape?  I have been moving constantly today and tomorrow morning I will do the same thing.   I force my eyes open and say "Get Going Mandy" (Yes, I talk that way to myself.  I get it from my mother.  She is odd too.), and I will have another busy day. Maybe I will get a workout in tomorrow?

This is the season of my life I am in.  This is just a season.  It is a season.  A season.  I can do this for a season.


No comments:

Post a Comment