Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What I was told

I was told loud words and cussing erupted in the hallway and the sheriff posted by the courtrooms had to come and ask them to stop or leave. 

I was told B.M. will be serving the next month of weekends in jail until the next court date.


I was told the kids' advocate was blunt and said, "Ever since I got this case we do the same thing every month.  She makes promises she doesn't keep.  She blames everyone else and we give her more time and there are children to think about.

I was told the judge replied, "So you are getting tired of it?  We do have to look at the fact that these kids have been in the same home for 8 months.  There is bonding to think about.  We are reaching a point where we almost HAVE to terminate rights here."

This upset bio-grandma and she said she wanted custody of the kids.  The judge told her that he knows she wants custody, but it takes more than wanting them to get placement.  There are things she has to do and from what he is seeing between DC$ and the advocate's office no one wants to place them with her.

I was told they can file for termination October 5th, but that they will not file then.  They made an agreement with bio-mom's attorney not to file for termination until after the next hearing in late October.  Bio-Mom's attorney has requested a meeting at DC$ office mid-October, with bio-Mom, herself, and DC$ present.  I don't know why.

I don't know what is happening but the judge sees the kids interests in all of this!!!  I am so thrilled about that if nothing else.  I do wonder why they are meeting with the lawyer.  I wonder if they will try to make some agreement about Grandma together and circumvent the judge.  I wonder if they will make an agreement to give bio-Mom more time.  I wonder if the meeting will be in regards to voluntary relinquishment.  I wonder a lot of things.

I am happy that termination is within sight.  As precious as parent's rights are, the rights of their children are far more precious.  These babes don't deserve to have the rug ripped out from underneath them and be sent back to all the hell they were enduring.  They are safe now, and they are beginning to forget.  I hope it is God's will that they stay here, but my greatest hope is for his will above my own since I can't see the whole picture.


2 comments:

  1. "As precious as parent's rights are, the rights of their children are far more precious." My favorite line! its crazy how much of our trial has very little to with Baby J and his needs...its sad. on the other hand i hope you get to keep the judge!

    ReplyDelete