Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Bit of an Update

I am waiting to hear what happens as a result of court today. 

One positive is that due to court today there is no visit for the boys.  Bio-Mom could have rescheduled, but she chose not to do that.  I am glad that we have this week off from visit drama.
 
The caseworker stopped by yesterday for a visit She told me court was actually today.  She told me not to get my hopes up.  She told me there is a good chance that bio-grandma would get placement.  She told me that bio-Mom will probably not serve time.  She said that they just want the judge to know she has not done what she is supposed to do and then they want her, the casworker, to file for tpr.  The caseworker wants bio-Mom to get at least 2 weeks in jail and then she wants to take a wait and see approach to determine how B.M. will behave once she has spent some more time in jail.  Huh?!  I am sorry, but forcing someone to do what their kids need by putting them in jail seems wrong to me.  No one would have to put me in jail to get me to be a willing parent to my kids.  The caseworker says she will file soon, but that it can take 90 days or more for the filing to go to trial.   

Caseworker also let me know about some possible changes. She says she may be replaced as she is trying to get another position within the agency.  She says the judge may be replaced after the election.  Even the top of the chain within her department has left recently.  All these changes could mean huge headaches for me, but they could be just what God is doing to make some positive changes.  I just keep praying that evil will be bound and God's will is done. 

I'll be posting again when I get an update on how court has gone. 

1 comment:

  1. We'll pray that the changes are good. We are getting a new judge this month, too, and praying that perhaps that is why God has allowed things to drag out so long.

    ReplyDelete