Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This feels like a soap opera!

No seriously, does the saga never end!?  Well, yesterday I was told, no they are staying with me, and then later in the day I was told yes, they are leaving. 

I pulled myself together and I dropped the boys off at their new home.  It was an older couple in a much smaller home, with little to no preparation evident for these boys.  They seemed nice enough, but they looked scared to death. 

I cried all night.  Tears ran out of my eyes even when I was just sitting there not making a sound.  My DH was being sweet and took us out to eat.  I sobbed when the plate was placed in front of me.  Eating felt like moving on.  It felt wrong.  When we got home I burst into tears again.  The house was strewn with toddler toys, a bumbo seat, a swing, pack and plays, blankets, sippy cups, and bottles.  I cleaned like mad for an hour straight.  I did not want to wake up and bawl like I did the minute I walked in my door.  I was just trusting God because, after all, He is the one in control.

This morning I got a call from the new foster mom before 9am.  "These boys have to leave," she said. She told me all about their behaviors and how they cried for me all night.  She never got any sleep, the poor woman, and neither did the boys.

Then I got a call.  "Will you take the boys back?"  I said of course I would.  I did not want to give up on them and I love those little guys.  When the worker told me why the boys were removed I was shocked.  It was not for anything near the reason I thought.  I guess they thought I called up the chain to complain about this awful placement.  I have never spoken to anyone other than the boys worker about the boys staying or going.   Where did this come from?  The soap opera thing again!

 I was told 4 hours ago to wait for the caseworker's call and then the boys could be returned.  Here I am waiting... AGAIN.  I am wondering if for some reason they are still doing whatever they can to keep the boys from coming here.  Maybe they don't believe me about not calling up the chain?  I am surprised I haven't heard from them yet.  So tomorrow I will update this little soap opera and I will let ya'll know what is up because at this point I have no idea. 

God is in control, God is in control, God is in control!  It's going to be my Foster Mommy mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment