Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Progressing

Well, life is nuts here of course.  The boys are so tiny and so hurt.  I was able to pick up the baby from ICU yesterday.  He is doing well in spite of everything and he is even grinning at me right now.  I wish you could see him.  You would cry.  The marks.... They break my heart.

So we have just been so blessed by friends.  We have 2 cribs and a pack and play set up.  We have been giving clothing, diapers, wipes, meals, bottles, formula, bedding, baby food, car seats, high chairs, booster seats, and more.  I am so blessed by the love people are showing for these boys.

The system is hard.  I do not know if someone will be getting these boys tomorrow, in two weeks, or not for a very long time.

"Baby", is so sweet.  He's actually a very easy baby.  He loves to smile and get a smile back.  He fusses when he is hungry or tired.

"Tot" the 1 year old has a sweet and tender side, but he can attack ferociously too.  He loves to be cuddled and he always says "No" even when he means yes.  For example... "Tot, do you want me to pick you up?"

    "No!"  and he walks toward me with his arms raised.

"Tyke" the 2 year old is mad.  He wants to cuddle and laugh and dance.  Then he catches himself.  His grief is the most fierce.  He understands enough to know that none of this makes any sense.  He has marks too and some pretty graphic language for such a tiny little guy.  He has seen a lot and been through a lot.

Baby, Tot, and Tyke are so much work, but I am glad they are here and safe.  That's what we tell Tyke when the grief is strongest.  We tell him we love him and that he is safe. There is court tomorrow.  I don't want these babies just shoved to the next "free" place.  They need to be protected. Please pray for them, and that the Lord will give the judge great wisdom and that all that has happened will be brought to the light...   and please pray for me as well.  5 kids this young is a lot, but I know the Lord brought them here.


No comments:

Post a Comment