Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Need to Vent

If you are dreaming of going into foster care and you are imagining the warmth of loving a child in need I want to present a real picture of what that can look like.  Here is what it looks like currently.  Caution... This post contains strong words!

I will preface this by saying I have been a foster parent before and never have I cared for more traumatized children.  Never.

On food issues...

  •   Even taking an empty plate away sends them into a spiral.
  • They try to eat things that aren't food
  • They will pick at anything that falls to the floor.
  • There is screaming for more at every meal.
  • There is eating until vomiting.
On terror issues...
  • There are obvious physical marks of abuse on them.
  • They are terrified to be left alone.
  • They are terrified of new people.
  • They are terrified of a hairbrush (Explanation: I got a hairbrush to do my daughter's hair.  They saw it and spiraled down from there).
  • I can't even possibly write all they are terrified of.
There is violence... Yes, violence with a 1 and 2 year old.
  • They attack eachother with fists and nails and teeth.
  • They will attack me (although not as much now).
  • They will take on a full grown man.  There is nothing but sheer terror and fight or flight happening.
  • They hold toy guns to your head or each other when they are mad.  "I will kill you!"
The things they say...
  • I will hit you!
  • I will shoot you!
  • I'm a little shit.
  • My ________ is a Stupid Bastard
  • My Momma slaps me.
  • Don't touch that baby I hit you with a phone!
So far, I have heard "the system" plans to send them to a family member next week.  Although this family member has a criminal history and is in close contact with the family members that have done so much harm.  She may have even done some harm herself if Tyke is right in his ramblings.  Still, I can't feel upset about it. Family has to be given priority. I have gotten the brush off every time I try to bring up that there are more issues than the hospitalized baby.  The nice doctor who got to meet the boys yesterday and deal with the reality of that terror all trapped in one room told me he plans to call the hotline and report the additional issues he sees.  I thank God for him and hope he follows through.  I was instructed specifically NOT to call the hotline to report any more issues because with Tyke being so young these things cannot be proven.  So the way I understand it is.  Until you are old enough to tell a grown up specifically who is hurting you and why, you cannot be protected.

I am glad they are here and safe for now.  It is a lot of work, but someone has to take up their cause.  Please, please, please pray for these boys.  I am afraid they will send them back.  The scars, and marks, and desperate cries for help will all be ignored by "the system" that was designed to protect them.

I know as a foster parent before that you can "advocate" at the top of your lungs and sometimes be punished for it.  But I also know that God is above all.  He is over all, and that these boys' angels see the face of the Father as the Bible says.  Would you please pray with me?  Can we please cover these boys in prayer together?

1 comment:

  1. I am praying with you and for you. God wrap your arms around those little ones and keep them from harm.

    ReplyDelete