Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Trauma Triggers

Tyke and Tot have some trauma triggers that will send them in a spiral of acting out screaming, and otherwise making me feel like I am living in bedlam.  Here are a few:

  • Small rooms
  • Strangers
  • Seeing food
  • Seeing dishes
  • Diaper changes
  • Naptime
  • Me holding/rocking someone else.
I am doing the best I can, but I must cook, they have to go to bed, I have to hold the baby, and I must change diapers.  Oh yes, and when you are involved with child services there is a plethora of strangers that want to "talk" to the little dumplings and it seems all things involved with Child Services so far involve us going into a small room.

Currently they are upstairs screaming.  Naptime lasted all of 20 minutes.   I don't think they slept.  I am just taking a moment so I can go in with a smile and patience.  I have NEVER needed more patience in my life.

I have read Mama Foster's blog where she goes and looks back over the last year and can see the growth and change in "Lizzie."  Yep, I can't wait for some of that.


No comments:

Post a Comment