Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

The boys are here...

I was able to pick up the boys late Tuesday afternoon, but things have been busy since then.  At the end of the day when we still hadn't heard for sure if I was to pick up the boys, the Foster Mom caring for the boys, called me because she was having a panic attack.  I immediately prayed for her and I prayed that someone from the state would call.  The poor woman was sure she could not do another night with them, and I believed her.

Shortly thereafter the caseworker called and I was able to go get the boys.  When I walked up to the door their stuff was on the other foster Mom's front porch ready to be loaded in the car.  The boys were in their coats, and Baby was in his car seat waiting by her front door.  She was so ready for them to go.

When I saw the boys they smiled instantly and seemed ready to get out of there themselves.  I had already decided what I would say, "Did you like your babysitter?"  Tyke said he did, and smiled a bit, but he looked angry off and on and Baby did not smile for an hour, which is not like him.  He is a smiley little guy, but I think all of the screaming probably shocked him.  Tot was ready to smile and play right from the start.

This is the part where I tell you my husband rocks.  We were told to expect them to be traumatized and difficult.  My sweet husband treated them like it was exactly the same as it was the day before they left.  He had one of them in timeout for disobeying within the first 5 minutes.  I probably would have been upset with him, but you should have seen how it calmed them down.

DH saying " You DO NOT go outside without my permission do you understand?"

Tot, who was screaming, stops and very calmly says, "Uh huh."

Later DH saying to Tyke, "You DO NOT throw a fit for food, I am bringing it to the table."

Tyke responding, "OK, I luh you!"

DH says very matter of factly, "I love you too, but no fits."

So I took his cue and we went from there.  The boys went to bed without problems and slept a long time.  Life continues on and everyday the violence is diminishing. 

We had therapy for Tyke yesterday, and lots of pain from his past was revealed.  I thank the Lord he may that boy such a talker for a 2 year old.  He has no guile so he just spilled so much while he pounded play doh and tried to stick it in his mouth. After hearing so much of it and realizing I will probably hear more, I am more committed to these boys than ever.  All of us have a new belief in this process and in God's plan being perfect whatever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment