Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Middle of the Night call

So we just got a call about an hour ago.  A home is needed for 3 boys.  A 1 year old, a 2 year old, and in a day or so a 4 month old (he's in the hospital and that's all I know so pray for him).  My husband is meeting the caseworker right now and picking them up.

We will skip over the fact that I am insane.  I also have major practical issues.  Like, I have 1 bottle.  ONE! The caseworker does not have any for them.  I have a pack and play and a toddler bed.  My daughter's big  bed will turn into a crib, but then we lose the mattress for a toddler bed.  I have one 5 point harness seat.  The caseworker is loaning us one.  I need about a hundred practical things.

Also, I should be resting but I can't because my life is about to go bonkerz.  I mean seriously who can REST when they have 5 of each size diaper in their house and three diaper butts on the way!  Ok, so probably no one is reading this at this insane hour, but please, please, please, pray for all involved here.  Yes, I do believe God has a sense of humor.  A dangled carrot.... Hah!

Oh yes, a final thought.  What will my children think when they wake up to find that everything changed while they were sleeping? 

2 comments:

  1. Our first placement was an almost one-year-old and a two-year-old, and their 11-year-old brother. Then a few months later we were asked if we wanted to take their brand-new baby sister, and after much weeping and discussion we decided we just couldn't do it. I just thought the similarities between our first placement and this placement for you are kind of funny. :) Good luck with the kids, and if worse comes to worse kids can always wear diapers too small or too big. Our littlest slept in a pack-n-play for several months, and the 2 year old slept in a big kid bed...which he fell out of, and at that point we just got this little bar thing from Wal-Mart, I think it was $20 and kept him in the bed safe and sound. :)

    Oh and hopefully you get everything you need - you can always ask friends for loans. People were so kind to us, they let us borrow car seats, high chairs, booster seats, toys, and even gave us baby spoons and stuff like that. We had an impromptu birthday party/foster kid shower and asked for diapers and we got lots and lots! :) Good luck and I will be praying for you! You guys are champs for taking all this on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate your prayers so much.

    ReplyDelete