Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Follow-up to "Calling Me Mommy"

I appreciate all the feedback.  I scrutinize myself pretty intensely in this area because we began this journey to adopt children whose parents' rights had already been terminated.  We got into fostering, but with the heart of adoptive parents, NOT foster parents.  Along the road I have had to work hard to embrace the idea of fostering in order to reunify. 

As the particular abuses in this case have come to light it has been easy for me to go back to the my kids mind-set.  The comment about "blurring the lines," was good in one way, because it reminds me that they are not my kids.  They belong to God the Father, just as we all do.  He alone knows their future.  I really needed to check my heart and make sure my thoughts were not clouded by my preference to adopt rather than foster.  I really do love to hear the boys call me "Mommy," although I would never dream of requiring it.  Whatever I do I do not want to cause them further harm.

 *****************************************

The days are going well right now.  I am so blessed to be the Mommy of this crew.  We all swim in the pond a lot and I love having my helper.  I get to do things like go to the store when I need to, grab a lunch with my husband, or take just one child to their doctor appointment.  It's the little things. 

Tyke is blossoming because he is embracing that he is a "good boy."  He says it all the time.  Especially after he has done something well or if he has accidentally done something wrong.  After a mistake tears spontaneously stream down his little face as he looks at me with eyes pleading for mercy and says, "I'm a good boy!"  Yes Tyke.  Yes you are.

Tot seems to be settling as we have  been surrounding him in prayer.  I now try to remember to ask permission to hug him or kiss him or even to lay hands on him for praying.  He always says, "Yetsss,"  but my asking seems to have brought a new trust in him.

Baby is my smiler.  He continues to be a bundle of joy even though he is BIG for his age.  We make up words for all of his funny actions as if he is speaking them.  Cy puts a blankie on Baby's head and says, "I cannot see! What is this?  A blankie!  Yay!  I will eat it!"  The words perfectly match the expressions on Baby's face and we all just have to laugh over our happy boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment