Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More Work for Me! Yeah!

Ok, so caseworker is telling me that it would be good if I sent her daily reports on the behaviors I see in the boys. You know like Tyke did X 3 times today.   Daily????

Every single time I have sent a report on things I hear from and see in the boys I get a reply back about how the behaviors are normal in children and I should not worry about them.  Every single time the report gets downplayed.  So I put all of this time and energy into documenting and reporting only to chided by those who think they know better than me.

Twice my reports have been followed up with interviewing for the boys in which NO toddler behavioral experts were present and NO questions were asked.  These interviews have always been followed up with a conference with me where I am told that nothing will be changed or done to protect the boys from continued contact with their torturers.

Today I am told that she has no idea how this case will play out ultimately. I know that.  If she doesn't convince a judge about the danger of the smaller offenses and DC$ refuses to bring the therapists' reports before the judge regarding the larger offenses, than this whole thing is a crap shoot.  She also threw in that if the boys ever went to another family she would need all of my information so the new caregivers would not be blindsided.

Just right now in this moment I feel like... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Because, what the heck, if ya'll are just going to pass them around to other families than come and get them and put me out of my misery early.  Why, why, why do we do this thing we do???  Its moments like these were I just want to pick up the phone, call the caseworker, and cut my losses.

I am not going to do that.  Tomorrow is court.  I am praying for a breakthrough.  There is just only so much communicating with the "agency" that I can take and now they want me to send reports that they can knock Daily??? I don't think so.  Maybe weekly?

1 comment:

  1. So depressing. I know the feeling. It's especially upsetting when you do your best to make careful documentation about things and then find out later that you're wasting your time. I wish I could say we haven't experienced the same.

    ReplyDelete