Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Am Still In It

Even though I said I couldn't do it.... I am.  I just kinda love all my stinkers even though they are not very good sometimes.

The boys are doing better.  My husband and I had to remind ourselves of Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

We have decided to handle behaviors through prayer just as much as with consequences.  I think all parents of children from hard places need to recognize that there were/are two sets of plans for our kids, God's plans and  the plans of the evil one.  When the boys came to my home it was because the God of all Heaven stepped in with His plan for Tyke, Tot, and Baby.  These boys have been brought to a home where they are loved, and prayed over, and sang Jesus Loves Me every day.  They are being given a new life, at least for now.  The Lord has designated this period of time in the boys' lives as a time of shelter for them and the spiritual forces of evil would like very much to disrupt this time.

The problems that arise in behavior stem from different places; grief, defiance, RAD, age, and more, but whatever the cause may be, the solution is the same.  Prayer.  I was correct in saying I cannot do this.  It is too hard for me, but it is not to hard for God.  I am in a good place.  I acknowledge I am nothing without my Heavenly Father.  I am not a mighty warrior.  I am just a simple stay-at-home Momma, but I am willing to let my Father lead me.  I think that just might be enough.

1 comment:

  1. This verse has been an encouragement to me through this experience:

    I had fainted unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart. Wait I say on the Lord.

    Ps 27:13, 14

    Glad you are encouraged!

    ReplyDelete