Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Friday, April 20, 2012

The Meeting

Well, I went to the meeting.  It all seemed pretty useless.  Bio-Mom did show up quite late to the meeting, after some strong coercion.  Everyone was polite and helped her come up with good answers to all the questions.  It was somewhat strange.

I want to hear your opinions about something... They are threatening to throw Bio-Mom in jail if she does not work the case plan.  This just doesn't seem right to me.  You can get a person to show up and have meetings with the threat of jail, but you cannot make them want to be a parent.  You can make them fake it for you, but that does nothing (in my opinion) to ensure they will be parents who are motivated to be there for their children.  What do you think?  Am I missing something?

They also asked her if in the event she is unable to work the plan and get her children back if there was someone she would choose to have her children.  She indicated her mother.  There are some problems there because of her mother's criminal history.  She does not meet Child Protective standards apparently, but the judge can choose to overlook the history.

We have visits scheduled again for next week.  I wonder what she will do with the threat of jail hanging over her...





Additionally, my caseworker visited yesterday and although the visit was pleasant she basically said Tyke was making things up, she doesn't think anyone hurt Baby (the bruising means nothing), the marks are not scars from injury.  It does not matter to her that doctors, therapists, foster parents, and forensic experts think otherwise.  It's just so weird.  I am not even angry anymore. 

I cannot protect them.  This whole thing is in the Lord's hands.  It all seems so crooked and perverse.  If she believes all she says then the system has no right to even hold the boys.  They never had any right to take them.

I believe Tyke.  I have seen the behaviors, I have heard his own words.  Two year olds don't make these things up.  Someone needs to believe him.  I may be the only person that does, and I really have no power to keep this from happening to him again.  It's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment