Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

In the Weeds

When I was a waitress and things would start piling up, mistakes often piled up too. We had a plan for those moments at the diner where I worked.

A waitress could call out, "I'm in the weeds!" and we'd pull together to get our customers served.

There was no judgement.  We'd all been in the weeds before and we would be again.

I started today in the weeds.  Fatigue, stubborn children, a more stubborn me, and a long list of things to do, left me ready for this day to be over at 7am this morning.

I let two friends know I needed prayer and they prayed with me and for me.  A short while later I felt some joy sneak in and take hold of me.  The weeds started to part a bit.

Maybe I need to keep a list of people who I can ask for prayer support when I am in the weeds again.  I know I will need them.  We all get in the weeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment