Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Coming Home

I got to spend a whole 24 hours away with my husband.  It's crazy!  Turns out we are still friends and we love each other very much.  That's comforting.  With fostering it is easy to lose one another, and it was so nice to get some time with my best bud in the whole world.  I like him because he's sweet, and funny, and strong-willed, and tender, and caring, and ornery as can be.  I'm gonna keep him.

Then we came home.  It was so nice to see not just 2 faces light up when they saw me, but 5 precious faces grinned and squealed with excitement to get some Mommy love.   Ahhhhh, I love these kids, I am in serious danger of a broken heart, but I can't protect myself.  It feels like when I fell for my husband.  I know I should protect my heart, but I'm helpless.

Today I have gotten many soft spontaneous kisses from the Tot-man.  This morning when I was dressing Tyke, he put his little hands on my shoulders, "Hey Mom... You my mom.  You my mom," he whispered.  Wow, it sounds like we are all in danger of broken hearts here.

Coming home ROCKS!


Update... Bio Mom tried to cancel visit again yesterday.  The visit supervisor talked her into it because she had already picked up the boys.  Now the visit supervisor is kicking herself.  She said she will not talk her into it again.  The supervisor is asking that visits be suspended, but even if they aren't she is going to do nothing to encourage Mom to be at them again.  This is the 8th visit in the last 6 weeks that she has either cancelled or tried to cancel.  She has attended one visit without any manipulation by others.


No comments:

Post a Comment