Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Learning to laugh... and other things.

Baby is learning to laugh.  I love that I am getting to have him at this point in his life.  He has been laughing when tickled for about the last month, but now we are getting to situational laughter.  He sees something different and it sends him into the most hysterical giggles. Liv was bopping her head around for him and he was just giggling like crazy.  Her hair just flops everywhere and I think it fascinates him.

Now for other news...
I was shopping today in the area where the boys are from.  A woman saw me and kept exclaiming over the cute baby (I had Baby with me).  She kept saying "What's your name buddy?"  I did not say anything.  His name is very unique and I did not want to start anything.  Finally, she asked me, "What's his name?" 

I can't lie.  I just can't.  I gave his first name and she asked what it meant.  I said, "I don't know, he is just in my care right now."

She nodded her head and said, "I think he might be my family."  I just smiled and told her maybe, but that he was beautiful and a pleasure to care for and got my butt out of there as quickly as possible.  I won't shop there again.  I had no clue what to do.  I still don't know if I did it correctly.

In other news... Bio Mom was really late for her 1st visit last week and the 2nd one she cancelled after the boys had been waiting for 45 minutes with the visit supervisor.   I am told she has to call and confirm 2 hours ahead now or there won't be a visit.  I am told if she cancels again visits will stop.  I do not know for how long. 

I know I am supposed to have my reunification hat on, but I can't.  I don't know if these boys are meant for our family.  I would like to think they could be, but my husband and I will have to both be ready for all that means. I only know I am begging God to protect these boys. 

I try to wrap my head around all the suffering in this world.  I can't.  I cannot tell you why these boys should be rescued when so many are left to suffer and even die in horrible neglect and poverty. 

I only know this, Tyke, Tot, and Baby, were brought to my doorstep.  They were placed in my arms with all of their overwhelming need and pain.  I am not just hoping that they will be warm and fed and safe.  I want them loved, and cherished, and encouraged, and disciplined, and educated.  I want them to have every opportunity God will allow me to give them. Even if they cannot be mine (although the idea of that makes my insides hurt) I just pray they will never again know the kind of pain they endured before coming here.


I cannot tell you why they are more worthy than any others.  In truth, they are not, but they came to my doorstep and my heart.  I beg God for one thing for them.  That he will complete their rescue mission. I pray that they have not been pulled out only to be sent back to those that would not have their best interests in mind. 

\

No comments:

Post a Comment