Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

I like...

I like Cy, he's so smart for his age, and it makes funny things come out of his mouth.  When he prayed tonight he said, "Jesus, work on me to change the things about me that you don't like..............  and if you want to work on my sister Liv some, that would be ok too."

I like my Liv. Tonight as we snuggled her eyelids kept drooping.  She spoke very coherently as she informed me that she has no trouble at all keeping her eyes open during the day, but that her eyes are just very strong at night and then she just can't keep them open anymore....

Another funny on Liv... She was trying to get rid of hiccups last night.  I told her maybe she should try winding one arm backwards and patting her own back with the other.  I have seen her doing it off and on all day.  It's so funny.  I need to tell her I was kidding, but it is SO funny.

I like Baby, he was trying to cry for me to pick him up, but I was busy so I just kept singing to him and smiling.  His crying started to mimic my singing and he smiled back.  The boy just can't help himself.

I like Tot, he looks deeply into my eyes.  He holds my face in his hands, and sometimes he adds a kiss to the gazing.  I love baby love.

I like Tyke.  He dances like a broken robot, because Cy dances like a broken robot, he wears farmer hats around because Daddy Ryan wears farmer hats around, and when he hears me sweeping he gets to the living room with his own sweeper as fast as he can.  It's true what they say... Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I like my hubby.  I overheard him tonight while he was talking to the boys.  They get scared by different triggers or when they are separated from me.  I heard him tell one of them softly, "You are ok.  It's ok buddy, you are safe with me."  I just love a man that cares about the fears of a toddler.

I like that my Liv accepted Jesus as her savior 2 nights ago. She finally realized that calling something a sin isn't an insult, its just a fact.  She realized that calling herself a sinner wasn't a slur against herself, it was just a fact.  She called me to her side... Broken because of her sin.  At "5 going on 6" she prayed with such a simple belief in God, and his ability to rescue her.  I felt the realness of the moment. I knew she meant it with all her heart.  I love my baby.  I love my Jesus who was Broken for her rescue.

Happy Easter


No comments:

Post a Comment