Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Life as we knew it...

Yes, it is true.  Life as we knew it is over!  5 children for breakfast, then snack time, then lunch, then snack time, then dinner, and if they can talk me into it yet another snack time.  The kitchen is only cleaned so I can mess it up again, and although things stay somewhat picked up it does seem to be pulling apart around the edges a bit.  Laundry is a whole new ball game and with 4 boys in the house something is always banging bumping, breaking, or bleeding.  Whew!  5 kids... what was I thinking???

No, in all reality I relish this time.   I told my husband the other night, "I'm doing this!  I'm actually doing this!"  For me, some part of this is deeply satisfying.   I found out from the caseworker that the boys aren't going anywhere for a good long while.  I do not know if that is weeks, months, or forever.  In any case, I find that I am open to loving them.  I can just see their need for it and although I want to protect myself I can't hold back the snuggles.  It is just too much a part of my Mommy style.

The last 2 nights have been hard.  This has all been such a big adjustment.  Yesterday, I tried to attend a meeting for a group I am involved with for homeschooling.  I did enjoy the meeting, but I felt behind the rest of the day and I was happy to put the tribe to bed.  I think I am realizing that I can't have it all.  I am going to have to choose my priorities.  I don't like mothering half-way and the 3 extra babies we have right now need me at my best so I can give them what they need.

I need to stop blogging.  I seriously have laundry to do...

Here is a pic from a hot cocoa snack time.  Note how Little must sit in the tall chairs with the "big" kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment