Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Oh Man!

I got a call from a family finder.  "Will you take a 1 year old girl and 4 year old boy? " 
YES, YES, YES!
" I think we could do that.  Can you give me some more details?"  Sounding like I get a call for exactly the type of placement I want everyday of the week.  I was told about a couple health issues that were okay with my husband and myself.

So once we hung up the phone.  I got to cleaning and planning for the kids.  I let my Mom know so she could pray and I was praying.  "Lord, if these children should not come here please shut the door, otherwise prepare our family and prepare them."  I prayed this last time we were placed and I plan to pray it every single time.

1 hour later I get a call.  More information came to light and the children are going to be placed somewhere else because they qualify for a therapeutic home.  (We actually used to be therapeutic foster parents several years ago).  So I am grateful to God, because obviously he shut the door, and I am sad, because it feels like someone dangled a carrot and then took it away.  I don't want any children to come here that aren't sent directly by God into our specific care, but I want so much for our children to come here.  In any case I was feeling glad that even if these children were temporary it would keep my mind and heart busy...

Now its just any old day and I cut my walk with the kids short too!  I know I am pouting.  I will stop now.

Thank you Lord for protecting my family from a wrong placement.  Thank you for protecting those children from a wrong placement.  Help me wait.  Love you Jesus.  Sorry I feel like crying right now.  I still trust you though.

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment