Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

No Papoose for My Boy

We got to go to the dentist again today.  Poor Tyke has 5 cavities.  The dentist told me they are not like the rotten cavities you would normally see.  His crowns have some developmental issues so they are open where they should be closed... or something like that.  Tyke did not take even this simple exam well.  He kept telling the dentist.  "You're hurting me, and pushing his hands away."  The dentist was super nice and did nothing to hurt my Tyke.

Regardless, these have to be filled.  He described different ways we can handle my fearful boy.  He said if he fights at all they will have to wrap him up papoose style.  Excuse me?  No way.  I said, "Do you need him to be able to breathe through his nose while you work? ...  Yes?  Okay, you will not be able to trap him like that.  Let me tell you some of this boy's history.............................  So you see if you wrap him up like that he will transform, he will scream and cuss, and puke.  There will be no breathing through the nose.  There will be snot everywhere.  What else can you do?"

The dentist was very understanding and Tyke is going to undergo anesthesia.  I wish there was another way, but if I ever want Tyke to go to the dentist with only a normal amount of apprehension we cannot start out his dental health life on this particular note.

Later, I met up with my caseworker since I was nearby.  She is moving to assessment and I will be getting a new caseworker.  She will still handle the termination trial I guess.  She said they have tons of paperwork showing the need for termination.  During the pre-trial the defense handed over one document.  It was the certificate for the parenting class that both bio-mom and bio-grandma went to.  Both of them missed too many classes, which DC$ has noted in their files, but for some reason they were issued the certificate anyway. 

Caseworker is very confident.  Court for bio-mom is going forward as scheduled.  Caseworker said complete termination may not be final until the end of March, due to absent father paperwork, but she is certain it will all be done at that time.  She expects this case to move to the adoption side of things at the end of this month.  Yes!  Yes!  Yes!

Ya'll I am SO EXCITED!  This may actually happen.  I may actually really and truly get to be their forever mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment