Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cy's Dream

Cy had a dream when he first learned to ride a bike.  He remembered it tonight as we had our nightly chat at bedtime. 

" Mom do you remember the dream I had when I rode a bicycle?  I rode my bike up to heaven and God was there.  There were all these people who were good at different things.  They were in God's army.  Then I saw the devil and he had a big army too.  They were coming after us. 

God made a really big ramps and I rode my bike up on them and jumped off and banged it into the devil's teeth.  Then God took the devil down and the army crowded around helping.  God and the devil were like 50 feet tall!  The rest of us were normal though.  They were really huge ramps."

Me - "What made you remember that dream Cy?"

"Well, we were talking about what our purpose is and I remembered that dream.  Do you think it was from God?"

Me- "Cy I think there is a good chance that dream was from God.  Because it doesn't matter what you are good at, even if it's riding a bike, if you are willing to use that for God than he can use you in his army."

"Is God using me right now?" 

"Yes, everytime you love on your little brothers and you pray for them God is using you.  I see the way Tyke lights up and looks so confident when you show him good attention.  God is using you right now to help Tyke see that he is special, that he can do things.  You don't have to wait for God to give you your purpose someday.  God is using you for a purpose right now."

I was rewarded with a big smile.  "That's cool Mom, that God is using me for my brothers RIGHT now."

Then a Conviction Bulldozer arrived on the scene.  Tot, my precious, challenging, nerve-wracking boy, he is my calling RIGHT now.  God is using me for Tot right now and too often I feel like running from my role instead of embracing it.  If I am willing to do what I can do God can use me in his army right now.  He can use me for Tot.  He IS using me for Tot.  God needs me to love him and build him up, to train him and mold him so that he will understand that he is precious, specifically made by God to do good, and to help him understand that he is filled with inherent worth because he is created in God's image.  I want to help him understand that he was created by God, for God, because God has a plan for him.   

Thank you God for Cy and our little talks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment