Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My New Ride.

I was praying yesterday, cause that's how I roll.  I was worrying about the future and what the Lord is doing and what he is asking of me and so on and so forth.   That sort of thinking always leads me to prayer, and then I get to asking my Lord for a little peek into his marvelous plan.  I prayed, "Can you give me some sort of indication of your will here."

I no sooner finished prayer time when my email notification went off.  A random foster mom had emailed several other foster parents to let us know she had an 8 passenger minivan for sale.  

Well, I had been thinking if this was going to be a forever thing we needed to get a second 8 passenger vehicle.  Something that will hold all of us now and 1 more (because I have a feeling).  My husband and I have been looking but uncertain about being able to find a good deal on an 8 passenger van.  The lady's price was nice and low, so she was speaking my language.

I have a new (to me) 8 passenger van sitting in my driveway.  Its not all flash and beauty, but it is functional so... Hallelujah! 

It helped me deal today when today's visit happened and Bio-Mom did a good job.  I am praying for her, so of course she's doing better.  Dang it!  Why am I praying for her?  Who is going to fill up my van if these boys leave?  Still, I am going to keep praying for her.  God wants me to and I want to get a gold star from him even if everything else is rotten. 

I don't want to steal anyone's kids.  I think she loves them.  Short of murder, I know she has done the worst a parent can do to  their kids.  Is she putting on a show?  Is she turning her life around?  Can a parent do certain things that should mean instant termination even if they are sorry?  I don't have these answers.  I have a van.

That's my story for this day.  Bio-Mom is on the right track and I just purchased a van. 

No comments:

Post a Comment