Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Sometimes They Sing...

Sometimes they sing to me.  Most often the songs are not recognizable.  It sounds like a conglomeration of songs I know and some new things intermixed.  I love that they sing.  It requires a light heart.  Tyke and Tot never used to sing.

Sometimes they don't clean their plates.  Whether it is the unwanted green beans, or the ham slices that are not a favorite for Tyke, the boys leave food on their plates.  I love that the boys don't always clean their plates.  It requires believing their will be more food later.  Tyke and Tot never used to leave food on their plates. 

Sometimes they play with Baby.  For the most part, when the boys arrived, they ignored Baby or made threatening gestures to Baby and shouted at anyone trying to touch Baby.  I watch them come to Baby now with the simple goal of making him smile and laugh. I love that they play with Baby.  It requires believing it is safe to let their guard down and just enjoy another person.  Tyke and Tot never used to let their guard down.

Thank you Lord for how far these boys have come.  Whether they are in my life for a few months or forever, let me not lose sight of how you have used this place, as imperfect as it may be, to bring peace and stability to the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment