Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Poopy Day so far

Today has been full of interesting and exhausting work already.

Tyke woke up soaking wet at 6am.  I knew I should have changed him again right before I went to bed.

Tyke has trouble realizing he can't bounce into people when he is excited to see them.  He knocked Cy down the stairs this morning.

Tyke is having major issues not biting things.  No, no please don't confuse this with chewing.  He grabs a toy, shoves it in his mouth, and bites off as big a chunk as he can.  He destroyed some more of Cy's favorite toys today.  Cy looked a little violent in the eyes.  I sent him out for some alone time to jump on the trampoline.

Tot seemed okay.  He told me he wanted to go potty, although he did refer to the body parts with foul language.  He overshot the potty and peed all over everything.  He pooped on the potty.  Yeah (or so I thought)!  Then he was "done" so he got up while I was still cleaning up his pee spray. He left the bathroom as I called for him to come back. He just laughed and ran.  I went after him and he decided to run some more.  He ran from the bedroom, down the steps, into the living room, laughing... pooping.... the whole way.

I  was irritated, scrubbing Tot's poo spots on my just shampooed carpet.  Tot was screaming at me and yanking at my arms.  He wanted to be held.  What kind of mother cleans up poop spots when her little darling just wants to be held?

Cy and Liv during this time have a great idea.  "Let's get the baby up for Mom!"  They wake up Baby.  He sees me and cries during the whole cleaning episode.  When he wakes up he wants to be held and he wants a bottle.  The mean Mommy was ignoring him for poop spots.

We had a little lull.  Baby got fed, the house smelled better, Tyke calmed down (a little), and the boys got dressed...

I take the boys outside to play.  I did not realize someone had left a full bucket of water by the pump.  There were both boys, clean clothes now wet with dirty water, looking at me with guilt in their eyes.  Smart Tyke, says "I sorry Mom," and wisely steps away from the offending bucket.  I notice Tot, so wet he is dripping.  Tot screams at me.  He didn't expect to see me so getting "caught" is a shock.  I have to chase him... again.  He's hanging out in his diaper now.  This may be his look for today.

I got on here looking for encouragement.  I came across an article.  A mom sharing how her struggles have changed over the years as her special needs adoptive children have grown older.  I grieve the idea that if we adopt there may be no victory in it.  There may be no celebration.  Maybe I will just have to be grateful if they aren't in jail...

So I decided I needed to look elsewhere.

Romans 8:28  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I am called to this, God will bring good from it.

Zechariah 4:6  So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

It's not about my might or power, The spirit of the Lord will do the work that needs doing.

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I AM NOT at the end of my rope.  He will strengthen me, he will help me, he will uphold me!

God, Help me to believe this. Forgive me for my unbelief.  Forgive me for my lack of patience.   Meet me where I am right now.  Help me with today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment