Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Put them in Time-Out"

When the boys got dropped off from their visit today the visit supervisor informed me, "You need to put these boys in timeout."  Apparently they were not well-behaved at the visit and they told the supervisor to "shut-up!" several times.

These boys should not be forced to go to visits and it feels wrong to me to discipline them for acting out their frustration.  I did not put them in time out.  I told them it was not nice to tell the supervisor to shut up, but they got NO consequence.  In their defense they were telling her as sweetly as possible when she came that they did not want to go, but they HAD to go and were coerced into the van.  The choice was not theirs and in my mind once they are forced to go spend time with their victimizer all  pretenses at politeness can go out the window.  Am I wrong?

Tyke infromed me he went up to the advocate who was observing the visit and asked him to bring him back home to his "other Mommy."  Tyke told me that the advocate could not bring he home "'cause he hadda go da wok." 

The boys don't want to go and they want to get back home and that NEVER gets documented.  All the visit supervisor documents is that the visit went well and bio-mom is working to be a good parent.  I am really praying for the Lord to open the visit supervisor's eyes to the point where she begins to see things through the boys eyes and she sees and reports the problems with the visits.

Lately Tyke has been saying that he loves me.  He then asks me if I love him and I tell him I do.  He asks me if I love her.  I tell him I have to love her because God wants me to love everyone.  Then I am convicted because I really don't love her much at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment