Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

3 Minutes in Court

I got the update late this afternoon.  The advocate let me know that court only lasted about 3 minutes.  Nothing was planned out.  They informed the court that bio-mom still wasn't meeting requirments and that they wanted to wait to file for tpr in early December.  The judge asked the advocate if that was acceptable and he said it was and the Judge replied, "See you all again in December." 

 The caseworker came to visit tonight.  She had told me she was coming this afternoon.  She showed up at about 7pm. When she got out of the car she talked to the boys in this strange overly cheerful voice.  She talked to me about all kinds of things.  Some of it case related and some not.  She shared how bio-mom was shocked that I could get Baby to smile.  I showed the caseworker all the pics in my phone of Baby grinning ear to ear.  Its not like a smile is an aberration Baby just doesn't like strangers. She talked about the election, her boyfriend, all kinds of stuff. 

The trust is gone.  I can't get it back.  I chatted and was friendly, but I just don't trust her anymore.  I think she tells whoever she is talking to what she thinks they want to hear and when she can't do that, she blames someone else instead of just being honest.  It felt weird the way she shared intimate details of her life and I had no desire to get all cozy with her and share anything.  These boys are at risk, huge risk, and she wants to sweep it under the rug like its no big deal and talk about her boyfriend?

I have no idea if this case will ever be terminated.  I have no idea if these boys will be sent back home.  If the caseworker cannot see the truth in front of her face than who else is there?  The advocate thinks they will file in December.  Well, I was informed they would file in September, and then October, and now December. 

At least the boys are here right now.   They are safe and happy and they know they are loved.

 Today did not start off so well though.  After the very rocky start to our day I took some advice I read on the Pearls of Price.  I remembered reading that sometimes she would have her twins start the day over when it started off badly.  Well the boys had to start their day over twice today, but eventually my sweet boys were back and the day with them turned out to be pretty sweet even compared to most days.  At least I had that today.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha! thanks for the reminder. I haven't done that in a LONG time. I need to do it with Missy...

    Sorry the TPR did not happen.I'll pray that it happens next time.

    I must be the luckiest foster mom out there. Our whole DSHS department is amazing. I can't imagine what you are having to work with!!!

    ReplyDelete