Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Interrupted

Well here are the latest updates for Tyke, Tot, and Baby.

Bio-Mom got one visit a week given back.  The judge said she could not reschedule services or it would count as a cancellation.  She is not allowed to reschedule or cancel one or she loses visits again.  She had a visit scheduled for Thursday and yes, she rescheduled the visit.  No one told the visit supervisor about the judge's ruling (of course) so the supervisor accepted the rescheduling and Bio-Mom did make Saturday's visit.  Score one for B.M.  She also got a job.  Score another for her.

This week the boys' Grandma will be given a visit.  I am transporting for that.  I don't know what to expect.

On the home front things are looking somewhat better.  We had some excellent family time this weekend.  I am really enjoying having a helper for the summer.  I only had her for 3 days last week and it was a huge stress relief.  I want to be clear that this is not help so I can sit on my butt and eat bon bons.  I still manage my household, its just like having extra arms (every mom's dream).  It was a thrill to work my way down my old everyday to-do list and actually get most of it done.

 I also sat down with my helper and we talked about my goals for this summer.  I want to go out and enjoy summer with all 5 Littles.  I want to help Tyke get potty trained.  I want to help Tot with screaming fits, and I want to make sure everyone can play outside a great deal and stay safe while doing it. Oh, and I'd like to be able to get basic housework done everyday.  That's pretty much it.

I know I discussed worrying about what others think I should or should not do.  This people-pleasing is a problem for me, and it has begun to make me crazy.  So instead of going off the deep end trying to make it all work I say this, "I know we are supposed to go out Saturday night.  I am feeling anxiety because I want to make you happy, but I am nervous that all of our sitters will have plans."  I am trying to just do my best and forget the rest.

Ok so right now I am feeling anxious because I want to finish this and go back and recheck/edit so it will be written well, but there is a little boy upstairs fussing because he just woke up.  I have to choose.  I choose Tyke.  Catch ya'll later!


1 comment:

  1. You keep mentioning the "help" and then following it with excuses. Please remember that it is only THIS generation that thinks it is necessary to do everything by yourself or you are a "failure". It takes a village to raise a child- you have much more than one so you need/deserve/merit/should have help! Stop giving excuses and say proudly that you have "help"! :) Goodness knows I wouldn't survive with my one and health complications with my hubs without my parents 5 minutes away!
    God Bless
    -kim

    ReplyDelete