Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Slow to Anger?

So... God is dealing with me because I have been so quick to snap at my babies lately. The Word convicts me of my sin without leaving place for my excuses.   It's so easy to blame stress, but the Lord expects more of me.  I am praying for His blessing as I repent and strive to put my quick temper behind me.

Prov. 14:17: "A quick tempered man does foolish things…"


Prov. 14:29: "A patient man has great understanding, but a quick tempered man displays folly."

Prov. 15:1: "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Prov. 15:18: "A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel."


Prov. 16:32: "Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city."

Prov. 19:11: "A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense."

Prov. 19:19: "A hot-tempered man must pay the penalty; if you rescue him, you will have to do it again and again."

Prov. 22:24-25: "Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn his ways and get yourself ensnared."

Prov. 29:22: "An angry man stirs up dissension, and a hot-tempered one commits many sins."

James 1:19-20: "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."

Ephesians 4:26-27: "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.

No comments:

Post a Comment