Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I Cried...

I called the visit supervisor to confirm there was actually a visit today.  Yes.  So I am readying the boys for a visit instead of VBS tonight.

My face was blank and I felt the brick in my chest.  Is this really happening?  She has made 4 in a row.  They will be heading home at this rate.  I cried. 

I know that these boys will go wherever the Lord determines they should go.  I can't see any good in reunification, but I am not Him.

There is a tiny part of me that just wants to call and say, "I can't do this.  Take them out."  I don't want the lingering loss upon loss as the boys are pulled away more and more and I am less and less to them. 

I am a Foster Mom and I should cheer for the reunification, but I know what she did.  I will never post that here, because its their private story and even in the anonymity of cyberspace it feels like a violation to them.

I guess its okay to cry a little.  I will get the boys up from naps now and get them in a good mood about seeing her.

1 comment:

  1. So sad for you. I know your pain. Visits stink. Kids coming back from visits all hopped up on sugar and rule-free living stink. Courts who give kids back to people who do terrible things stink. Yes, God is in control. The only time I feel halfway okay about what's going on is when I'm praying. So I pray alot.

    ReplyDelete