Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tommorrow is the hearing...

I feel like there is a good chance the boys could leave this week.  I am just sad about it.  Grandma has mattresses on the floor after all, so that is family for them to be with.  I was told she has a record, but I don't know what that will do to protect the boys.  They (DCS) sounds like they will make an exception for her record.

The play therapist wants to come over tomorrow to watch how I give the boys lunch so Mom can do better at visits, because Mom is required to feed them. She wants to be able to tell Mom what I do.   I hate this.  I feel like everyone is preparing me at the very least for visits. 

If you were kidnapped by someone who hurt you for years and you finally got away, and you finally got the courage to tell someone what had happened to you, would you feel betrayed if you were forced to visit in the hopes to reunite with that person?  We wonder why foster kids act out so terribly after visits.

Will these boys move in with Grandma and be forced to see their abusers constantly?  Will they be forced to go to visits and and will adults attempt to force them to behave nicely with their abuser?

My husband keeps saying over and over, "It's not up to us."  He's right and I feel peace about that.  It is not up to us to keep them from harm.  We are doing our part.  We will see if the system fails them or not.  Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment