Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, March 19, 2012

A Spin Job

The boys are off to a visit with their bio-Mom.  This is very exciting for the Mom I suppose.  She hasn't seen them in 7 weeks.  She will probably enjoy the much calmer and well-adjusted boys they are becoming.  No one has abused them for 7 weeks and they are so young, so to some extent 7 weeks is forever. 

I did such a great job loading them into the car and telling them I would see them later.  I smiled.  I didn't cry or stomp my feet.  It was so great how I was able to save that for later.  I asked them to be nice to the visit supervisor.  Everyone smiled.  How great is it that we force kids to have 2 hour visits with incredibly abusive people?.  How wonderful for bio-Mom to have her rights.   The little ones are so young, we need not be concerned that their rights have been violated multiple times by their mother.  In the words of one of the workers regarding Tyke, "He is just so young, there's not much we can do."

Tyke may be covered in scars, and he may tell some horrendous stories, but it was all probably just made up anyway.  Lets all discuss the things we will help bio-mom with so she can do better at controlling her boys' behavior.  We don't want them acting terrified and insane all the time.  It's so uncomfortable for Mom and the workers that will come into her home.  Maybe after all of the visits and training she will be better able to be abusive to them without being bitten and hit and screamed at.  Maybe she will be better able to train them to keep secrets.

The best part is that Baby has not been very obviously abused yet.  Well, except for the nasty black eyes he was given before he came here.  He is happy and alert and playful.  He's like a new jar of play-doh.  She can take him and totally demolish who he has the potential to be. 

I am one of those silly Foster parents who thinks little ones should be protected by the officials elected and hired to protect children.  I have been naive and I will learn my lesson.

Oh visitation day... The start of such a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment