Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, November 19, 2012

Getting Ready

I have family showing up here in a couple of days and I am getting ready.  It is so much harder to get ready for things now.  I can't just clean an area and banish 2 kids to another area.  It's five kids in a house that is just perfect for our size family.  It isn't too big or too small.  That being said, when I try to clean that can be a major headache as all rooms can get messed up at the same time. 

Cy is getting good at helping out, but at 8 years old his help isn't always reliable and forget about the rest of them.  They want to "help" for something to do, and that is sweet, but I usually have to redo it.'

Here's the thing... My Mom, my sister, her kids, and my brother are all coming.  They love me and don't judge.  The house could be a shambles and they wouldn't care, but I also have some very neat and tidy relatives coming and a messy house would make them uncomfortable so I really want to have it nice.  I hope I get it all done, but if I don't I will make sure to have my air freshners all filled and the nice smell will make people think clean!

Seriously though, I am over the moon happy to see my family, I just hope I can set aside all the worry and soak up my family. 

On a sad note, Tyke got scared when he learned my brother was coming.  He said, "He's going to hurt me!"  Now Tyke has never met my brother.  We have had several talks now about my nice brother and how he is nice like Grandma L and Aunt D that he has met already.  He got excited after that, but I am bracing myself to have to help the boys with the crowd of family that is coming into their domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment