Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Ups and Downs

Last night as I was tucking all my children in I realized this is the good stuff.  Moments like last night are the times I dreamt of prior to having this houseful.  Giving hugs and kisses and pulling giggles from 5 precious babes is the very best stuff in life.  I took a moment to remember where the three babies would be if they weren't here and I didn't just know God was good, I felt it to the very marrow of my bones.

Today...  Well, God is still good, but there has been lots of crying and fit throwing.  My parenting slips to reacting to each new thing instead of being proactive and things get worse and worse. I wonder if God will get tired of coming to my rescue.  I was thrilled when naptime started and pray it will be the start of a better second half of the day.

It didn't help that I got a call from a family member who needed to talk.  The kids were demanding my attention and I wasn't giving it to them like they wanted.  Sometimes I know that the phone, the computer, the kindle, and the television make my life so much harder than it has to be.  I don't want to be cut off.  I want to be there for others when I can, but I want to to soak up my little family and I get pulled in so many directions.

Balance is such a tricky thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment