Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, March 18, 2013

The Attorney

We have an appointment scheduled with an attorney I feel pretty good about.  I called through this list of 6 attorneys.  The one I like wasn't even on the list.  He was recommended by a fellow foster adopt Momma.

Of the 6 attorneys on the original list only 2 of them called me.  One attorney wanted me to sign papers ahead of time agreeing to pay if DC$ did not cover the costs. I did not want to sign anything before talking with someone.  There were many contingencies listed in which my family would have to pay the cost of the adoption.  It made me nervous.  I called my foster adopt friend and she told me her attorney never did anything of the kind.  The other attorney called personally, and wanted to set up an appointment right away.  I put her off because I had already contacted the attorney recommended.

I look forward to our meeting with this man.  Someone actually answered the phone and answered my questions right away.  I know the attorney has handled at least 2 sibling groups with similar circumstances to our own recently.  He is reported to be straight forward and kind so that makes me hopeful. I was told he is good about getting things done in a timely manner.   I guess we'll see, but I'll bet we sign on with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment