Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Draining

Lately I have felt drained. 

Baxter (our not quite 2 year old golden retriever) died last week.

My children (all 5) have been on a rebellious streak.

I have been fighting sinus headaches and migraines for the last month.

I even feel like my creativity is a little bit dead right now.


When my husband insisted I go to our homeschool group's Mom's Night Out, I didn't want to go, but I did anyway.  We had a nice time and it was good to encourage and be encouraged.

Still I remained in a drained place.  I felt drawn too tightly this morning.  I felt done before I even started the day.  I cried out to God for his rescue from the hardness of life.  I was disappointed when I didn't feel the rescue. 

I put on some worship music and I felt the shadows lift for awhile.  I read and reminded myself the things God's Word says about parenting.  I am feeling better.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment